SOTERIA is an app thank connects like minded individuals. It is a tool that helps us stand together, united for safer roads and communities. There is nothing more powerful than a community standing united for a cause. Join the SOTERIA Network. Download SOTERIA here www.getSOTERIA.co.za
Please be aware that SOTERIA is in it’s infancy (beta) still and we are still fixing minor bugs. Your patience and feedback is highly appreciated as you pioneer this ultimate safety app with us. We have already identified some small bugs that will soon be corrected. Please read though the below issues while we correct these known bugs.
- If you are already a subscriber with The Safe Freeway Project, you need to sill register with SOTERIA and your subscription will be transfered to the SOTERIA database
- SOTERIA is only available to Android 5.0 users and above
- If your Android version is outdated please notify The Safe Freeway Project, so you can stay on their WhatsApp Broadcast list for notifications until you upgrade your phone to Android 5.0 or above.
- We do not yet have a tutorial in SOTERIA. Therefore we strongly suggest you read through the Getting Started post as well as the Step-By-Step instruction forum on setting SOTERIA up.
- Note: When you close SOTERIA you will still receive push Notifications when we broadcast an update through any of the channels you have joined. We suggest closing SOTERIA so that the background plugin does not keep running. This will use more than usual battery power. The background plugin should only keep running when you have WOM activated.
- Android user: You close the app by pressing the back button continually until you get the pop-up message to confirm you want to exit SOTERIA.
- Apple users: Press the Single (home) button twice and swipe SOTERIA upwards will close the app.
- Read the important notice on Huawei – Click Here for post
- Huawei has a very aggressive battery saving policy and therefore prevents apps to run in the background. There are some manual settings that need to be set up to receive these push notifications.
- SOTERIA requires iOS 8 and higher
- The text in a chat message can not be edited when you are typing. You need to backspace to edit text in the beginning of your sentence.
Getting started with SOTERIA:
Remember to also check out The Getting Started step-by-step guide.
Click here for the Support page with step-by-step instructions on setting up SOTERIA for first time users